Picking a house cleaning service is a big decision. You want to make sure that you have the very best people taking care of your biggest investment and most valued possessions. Here are some of the questions you should always ask when evaluating a professional maid service.
WHY SHOULD I HIRE BETTER LIFE MAIDS INSTEAD OF AN INDIVIDUAL HOUSE CLEANER?
It may seem like it is cheaper to hire an individual cleaner, but in fact their are many more things to keep in mind. When you factor in the entire experience of having your home cleaned by BETTER LIFE MAIDS is a great value.
- You don’t need to hire staff, do background checks, payroll, and more. We handle it all for you.
- All of our staff are bonded and insured. What would happen if that individual cleaner were to get seriously hurt on your property?
- You don’t need to worry about the IRS either. We handle all of those pesky taxes. You certainly don’t want to run afoul of the IRS just to save a few dollars per house cleaning.
- You will have lots of communication tools to make your service excellent. That way you don’t need to have an awkward relationship that often occurs with individual cleaners. How many of you have someone come over once a week to watch your tv, but just don’t have the heart to tell them to get to work. We are there to clean your home, and clean it well.
- What happens when you have a big event planned and your individual cleaner decides they have better things to do that day. With BETTER LIFE MAIDS that will never happen. We guarantee we will be there every time.
- What about supplies, equipment, and tools? How much is your time worth, do you really want to run out to get that polish the day before your cleaning visit? We bring everything, because we know you have BETTER things to do.
BETTER LIFE MAIDS FAQ’s
At BETTER LIFE MAIDS we focus on hiring warm people, not warm bodies. We look for great people that are focussed on customer service and exemplify our CORE VALUES. We have an extensive screening process that includes:
- Application Review
- Initial Phone Interview
- Panel Interview
- Social Security Trace & Employment Eligibility Verification
- Credit History Check
- Federal Criminal Database Search
- Local County Criminal Check
- Professional & Personal Reference Check
- Employment History Verification
- Motor Vehicle Record Check
- 10 Panel Drug Screening
Once we have a great new hire selected, they go through an extensive in house training program, that takes them from a person that cleans houses, to a professional BETTER LIFE MAID. Their really is a difference and our people are what really set us apart.
The answer to this question varies from home to home, but in general you will be amazed at how efficiently we are able to clean your home with our proprietary cleaning system. We generally clean homes in teams of 3, and can clean most homes in about 1 hour. Think of it like this: professionally trained staff, high quality equipment, and a one of a kind cleaning system that allows us to give you a great cleaning at a great price.
Every home is unique and there is a lot of variation in the upkeep or our clients' homes. You can call (877) MAID-TIME to receive a no obligation estimate. If you need to know right now, we have a great Instant Quote tool that gives you a ballpark price right now. It is usually a little on the high side but is a great place to start.
The answer is up to you. Most client either choose weekly, alternating weekly, or monthly service. It depends on how much you want to take care of between visits, your budget, and other household needs. Whatever you choose, we can build a BETTER HOUSE CLEANING PLAN to meet your needs. We are also available for one time cleanings, special events, and more.
We use the full line of BETTER LIFE household cleaning products. Obviously we think the BETTER LIFE products are pretty great, but we’re not the only ones. They have received fantastic praise in magazines like Real Simple Magazine, Rachel Ray’s Everyday, Oprah and more. The blogosphere is abuzz as well. With so many choices popping up to clean your home green, you can rest assured that the BETTER LIFE products are the best and safest products for your family. In fact our products have been independently verified as safe and effective by Wholefoods ECO-SCALE.
We also bring all the sanitized tools, laundered cleaning cloths and mops, and 4 stage HEPA filtration vacuums. We bring everything needed to clean your home green from top, to bottom. BETTER LIFE MAIDS is all about making your life easier, greener, and cleaner. That’s why we take care of all the little details for you.
Absolutely! Please check out our 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.
We provide workman’s compensation insurance, and full liability insurance. All of our staff members go through extensive background screenings, and are bonded for your safety. This is such an important to ask upfront. You certainly don’t want to be left wondering after an accident happens.
If you feel like your team is doing a great job and you want to let them know, sure why not. But in general your cleaning price is 100% inclusive and a tip is never required to ensure a great cleaning experience. A $5 to $10 tip per cleaner is not uncommon for recurring cleaning services. During the holidays larger tips are common, up to the value of one cleaning. But in general, your cleaning techs at Better Life Maids are paid a living wage do not depend on tips to supplement their income.
Once you begin regular maintenance house cleaning service, you will have the same team on each visit. All of the team members we use are employees of BETTER LIFE MAIDS, and we never use independent contractors or temps.
It’s really up to you. The more clutter free the home the easier it will be to clean. That saves us time, and you money. If you need us to pick up and organize, we will gladly do, it will just increase the time needed to clean your home, and thus your pricing will reflect that. No matter what though, we have seen it all. If you think your home is too dirty for us to come and clean, you may need us the most. And we would be glad to help.
You bet. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, & Discover. We also accept old fashioned cash and checks. Whatever makes it easiest for you.