How to Reduce Allergens In Home
HOW TO REDUCE PET DANDER AND ALLERGENS
Last Updated June 11th, 2021
1. WHO: BETTER LIFE MAIDS is an independent, locally owned and operated cleaning company. Our employees are fully bonded and insured. And we carry full liability, workman’s compensation insurance, and all payroll taxes are paid through the local BETTER LIFE MAIDS office as staff of the company.
2. COMMUNICATION: It is very important that you call us if you have questions or concerns about your cleaning service. We take great pride in our cleaning service and will make every reasonable effort to provide you with a highly professional cleaning service. One thing that really helps us provide you a Better cleaning service is your ongoing feedback. Please fill out your survey after every visit to help us continually improve the quality of the service you receive.
3. TEAM: We try to send the same team to your home each week, however, we cannot guarantee it due to illness, vacations, etc..Our main priority is to clean your home consistently and with the quality you demand, and we have systems in place to ensure this.
4. OFFICE HOURS: Our office is open M-F 8 AM to 5 PM. Voicemail is available after hours. Email is monitored after hours and is often the best way to reach us outside of office hours.
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: We provide all of the equipment and supplies to clean your home.
6. QUALITY CONTROL: Our teams are quality inspected by management on a regular basis. They may enter your home after the team leaves. These inspections ensure the highest quality standards.
7. ARRIVAL TIME: Our team clean from 8 AM to 5 PM. Occasionally they may need to stay past 5 PM to finish the job. We can not guarantee an exact time for your visit due to the nature of our business and changing schedules. If you need an estimated window of time you may call or email the day before your scheduled visit. No arrival time is implied or ever guaranteed. We will do our best to accommodate requests, but they are treated as requests only and we have no way to guarantee your exact service time. We do guarantee your day of service and will not change your service date without your prior approval.
8. Keys: Your home must be accessible to our teams. We can provide a secure lockbox for your home at no additional charge. If we are unable to access your home we will charge a lockout fee of at least $150 or your scheduled cleaning service price, whichever is greater.
9. CLUTTER: We do ask that you provide us with a clutter-free environment. If that is not the case, we may not be able to clean your home in the allotted time, or extra charges may be applied if you approve.
10. SAFETY: Insurance and safety issues prohibit our teams from moving heavy objects or standing on furniture. We also prohibit our staff from handling any biohazards, including pet or human fluids, rodent feces, mold, etc… We also are only able to use up to a 3 step ladder in your home to clean. That does limit our ability to clean some spaces, but we have extension poles that help us reach most places in our home.
11. SECURITY ALARMS: If your home has a security alarm, please ensure that it is turned off on the day of your scheduled clean. You may also provide us with the code and steps necessary to turn off your alarm. We will reset the alarm when we leave. However, we will not be held responsible for alarms set off by mistake.
12. PETS: If you have pets, please secure and pick up after them. For sanitary and safety issues our teams are not permitted to clean flea-infested homes or pick up animal excrement. We will not clean if our team members feel they are in danger due to your dog or other animals.
13. RESCHEDULING: There may be times when the weather makes it unsafe for us to travel and carry equipment and supplies to your home. Driveways must be clear and accessible. Holidays may necessitate a schedule change. These will be the only reasons that we do not complete a clean on your scheduled day. We appreciate your understanding in these circumstances.
14. PAYMENT POLICY: Payment is due on the day of each scheduled cleaning. Please leave your check on the kitchen counter. If you do not leave a check on the day of the visit, we will charge the credit card we have on file. Cash payments are generally not accepted as they pose a safety concern to our staff. If you would like to pay by cash, please let the office know so we can manage that process.
15. SALES TAX: Some areas require sales tax on service. If you live an area where this applies you will be responsible for the tax amount and it will be included in your invoice.
16. LATE FEE: If no payment is left for the team, we will send you an open invoice by email with a payment link. Please remit your payment immediately. If we do not receive your payment within 3 business days of your cleaning a $10 convenience fee will be added to your cleaning. If payment is not received with 30 days we will assess a $35 late fee to your account. Each month thereafter that the account is past due, an additional $35 late fee will be assessed to your account.
17. RETURNED CHECK FEE: A $35 fee will be charged for any check returned by the bank.
18. CANCELLATION & SKIP FEE: In the event that you cancel or skip a scheduled cleaning you will be assessed a $20 skip fee. The skip fee allows us to add more time to your future visit and provide you a higher level of cleaning. If you cancel service with less than a full business day’s notice or day of service, you will still be charged the full amount of the cleaning visit or $150 whichever is greater, and no reschedule will be due.
19. LOCKOUT FEE: If the team is unable to enter your home (double-bolt locks, animals not contained, or is turned away at the door) there will be a lockout fee assessed to equal the regular cleaning price.
20. SUSPENSION OF SERVICE: If any of the above fees have not been paid your service will be suspended until all fees have been paid in full. If service is suspended and you have not paid in full within 30 days we will consider you to have terminated service.
21. COLLECTION OF FEES: In addition to any amounts owed to Better Life Maids, you agree to be responsible for all reasonable collection and attorney’s fees we incur to bring your account current.
22. CANCELING YOUR SERVICE: It is agreed that this an at-will relationship no contract term is implied. Services may be canceled at any time and no contract is implied. To avoid cancellation charges at least one full business days notice is required.
23. DAMAGES & BREAKAGE: From time to time small items will be knocked off a shelf when dusting, etc… We will provide a credit for future services for incidental damages up to $500. Above that, you will need to file a claim with your homeowners’ insurance for damages caused in the routine nature of cleaning. Damages due to negligence or malpractice on our part will be handled by our insurance provider. In addition, we will only use Better Life Maids-approved products for cleaning your home. If you ask that we use your product, you assume all liability responsibility for any damage to your home caused by your products.
Learning how to reduce pet dander and other allergens in your home is an important part of cleaning for health. Cleaning frequently is an important part of reducing pet dander. On each Better Life Maids cleaning visit, we will do some critical tasks to help keep pet dander and other allergens at bay. We will dust your home top to bottom using microfiber cleaning cloths and dusters. Microfiber traps more dust and keeps it from resettling. We only use the entire line of Better Life all-natural household cleaning products. The products we use are an important part of how to reduce pet dander, while not introducing other harmful allergen triggers such as Formaldehyde, Ammonia, Sodium lauryl sulfate, D-limonene, Sodium hypochlorite, and many other harmful triggers. We also use 4 Stage Hepa filtration vacuums that have been proven to be an important step in how to reduce pet dander and other harmful allergens and allergen triggers.
Beyond a green house cleaning visit from Better Life Maids, there are a few key activities that you can do that will focus on how to reduce pet dander and other allergens.
- Wash fabrics such as pillowcases, sheets, couch upholstery, curtains, pet bedding, etc…
- Restricting pets to rooms with hard surface floors is helpful if at all possible.
- Keep pets off the couch, and definitely out of the bed.
- Replace the furnace filter often.
- Give your pet frequent baths (as often as twice weekly).
- Did we mention clean? Clean your home often and thoroughly.