|Cleaning for health is an important and concrete step you can take to protect your home against the novel coronavirus and other common pathogens. Better Life Maids has taken industry-leading steps to make sure that all of our client’s homes, businesses, and facilities are being cleaned and disinfected. We are seeing an increased demand for professional cleaning services and many of our clients are increasing frequency and adding additional staff members to their properties. We want to share with you the steps we are taking to safeguard your home and clean for health and improved hygiene. |
1) We use EPA certified sanitizers and virucides to clean the surfaces of your home. These products are not only effective cleaners, but they are also 100% safe for you as they evaporate off surfaces after about 10 minutes and eliminate nearly all of the possible pathogens you would encounter. But due to the emergence of the novel coronavirus, we have added the next step as an additional precaution.
2) After the surfaces have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized we are now using an EPA certified disinfectant that is certified to kill emerging pathogens including the new coronavirus. This is also a zero residue product and does not leave behind any harmful chemicals.
3) Our cleaning technicians are trained and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). They will don disposable shoe covers before entering your home, disposable gloves, and surgical masks. Protective eyewear is provided as well if needed. They are trained on thorough hand washing and sanitizing procedures and are doing so constantly throughout the workday.
4) Our vacuums are certified to filter out particles smaller than the Coronavirus so any particles that might make it onto a floor surface will not be recirculated into the air. This also improves indoor air quality by removing most allergens and irritants in your home. After each home ur vacuums will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
5) We have closed-loop cleaning processes. Only clean tools, equipment, and supplies enter your home. Clean mops are soaked in a cleaning solution and when we are done using them on a surface they are removed for the day. The same with microfiber cloths, and after they have been used on high-risk surfaces they are removed from cleaning for the day. Some companies only give their techs a few cloths per house to save money, we have always believed that reducing risk is more important than saving a few pennies. That is more important than ever.
6) Our employees take extra hygiene steps as they enter and leave all homes. These include sanitizing their hands before entering a home, wearing gloves throughout the cleaning process, and they are taking extra disinfecting steps for all critical entry and exit points from a home.
7) We have implemented strict social distancing processes for our staff that will eliminate the risk of contagion spreading among our employees. First of all most of our staff have transitioned to a single model where they work on their own and are on average cleaning only a couple of homes per day. They are only provisioned supplies from the main office once to twice per week and they are not in contact with any other employees at that time. Any employees that are working in teams will be limited to teams of two. They will have their cars provisioned in the morning to eliminate contact with other employees and community spread.
8) Our tenured employees all have at least 5 days of sick time available to them, and all employees can accrue PTO from day one of work at Better Life Maids. We are making it 100% clear to our employees to stay home if they are feeling at all unwell. No exceptions to this. We want them to be confident that they will still have a job if they are sick, and a source of income. That is not normally the case in our industry, and we believe the extra security that this provides will help reduce employees coming to work fearful of missed pay. We have also relaxed our attendance policy so that there are no worries that missed work at this time will affect there standing with Better Life Maids.
9) We are staying up to date on the latest information and best practices regarding the Coronavirus. We thoroughly believe that education and applying what we are learning are some of the best safety precautions we can provide our clients and staff.
10) Having your home professionally cleaned for health and hygiene is why we are the best choice in choosing a home cleaning partner at this time. We believe we have created some of the best systems and processes in the home cleaning industry to help combat the spread of the coronavirus.
I am including a link to a recent blog post I wrote about how we are addressing this and helping be a partner in stopping its spread. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to help. Please let us know right away if you need additional cleaning days or staffing so we can accommodate you.
Chief Experience Officer
Better Life Maids